Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for an iOS Engineer to join our team and create innovative, world-class products. You will handle the entire product development process and work closely with the customer’s tech team. You will determine product functionality, define the architecture, and estimate the scope of work. In addition, you will participate in internal knowledge-sharing meetings, external tech talks, and conferences as an attendee or speaker.
We partnered with our client to develop a native control and streaming app for the HI-Fi speakers. The application allows for the remote control and operation of wireless speakers. It also streams high definition audio content from a variety of popular services.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3+ years of iOS experience;
- Strong programming knowledge of Objective-C/Swift;
- Solid experience with CoreData, multi-tasking and networking;
- Thorough understanding of algorithms, data structures, complexity and optimization;
- Solid knowledge of mobile application architecture, design patterns and an understanding of refactoring techniques;
- Knowledge of TDD, experience with Unit and UI Testing;
- Solid knowledge of development tools, environments and utilities;
- Understanding of Apple HIG and a passion to build the best UX;
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban);
- Proactive goal-focused mindset and the desire to create high-quality products;
- Passion for continuous learning and adapting to new technologies;
- Good written and spoken English;
- Good communication skills, must be comfortable communicating with clients.
Would be a plus:
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery;
- Experience with direct communication with customers;
- Experience with leading a team;
- Experience with RxSwift;
- Python, Shell script knowledge;
- Knowledge of Dart/Flutter;
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science;
- Your own apps on App Store.
- Design, develop and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code;
- Implement new features and build REST APIs;
- Write unit and integration tests;
- Collaborate with the team members within a Scrum Framework;
- Perform code reviews and share best practices with colleagues;
- Actively communicate with client on day-to-day matters.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.