The Star IT Support Team is looking for a team player with a strong technical background and experience in user support, administration of Windows, Linux and Mac OS workstations as well as basic Linux server system administration and Networking skills, with a strong desire for further improvement in the area. The individual is responsible for providing top-class IT services to Star employees as well as external customers. This position requires clear and consistent communication, thorough understanding of existing processes, ensuring the existing infrastructure is in perfect working order and continuous improvement of IT services.
Qualifications & experience
- User support experience, basic knowledge of the customer orientation concept
- Strong communication skills
- Solid background and knowledge of computer hardware
- Good troubleshooting skills, ability to perform HW maintenance and diagnostics
- Windows, Linux, Mac OS system administration
- Theoretical knowledge of networking and basic configuration experience
- Basic knowledge and experience in Linux (Ubuntu) server administration
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Accurate and responsible
- Intermediate spoken and written English
- Ability to learn fast
- Passionate about the described job
- Members of the Star team are expected to be resourceful and self motivated
- Flexibility and ability to work well without direction as part of a multi-skilled team are essential
- MSc/BSc degree in Computing Sciences or equivalent is preferred
- Credit will be given for candidates who do not have relevant degrees but can demonstrate equivalent work experience
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefit
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.