We are looking for a Java Engineer to join our team and create innovative world-class products. You are going to be working, as a part of the team in a Silicon Valley-based company, on publishing web applications for public and corporate use. It is powered by a scientific core implementing various ML and NLP algorithms. Besides general engineering activities, you will be participating in discussing product functionality, defining the architecture, estimating the scope of work and building product roadmap with other team members.
Technology stack: Java 8, Spring Boot, AWS, SQL, REST.
Qualifications and experience:
- Spring (Core, Security, Data, Boot)
- Strong Java Concurrency knowledge
- 3+ years of commercial experience in software development with Java
- Strong Java Core and Spring Framework work experience
- Experience developing UI for clients’ apps
- Knowledge of OOP/OOD, architecture, and design patterns
- Comprehensive experience using Git/GitHub
- Curious about current tech trends and developments
- Strong communication skills
- Good English and willingness to speak directly to the customer
Would be a plus:
- Experience with working with ElasticSearch engine
- Experience with developing high load systems and utilization of message queue engines such as Apache Kafka, Amazon SQS, etc.
- Make it visible: work on back-end and web interface to see the result instantly (50/50 of time distribution)
- Participate in requirements analysis, research implementation ways, and possibilities
- Proactively engage in research, discussions, and decisions on software architecture and internal coding style, architecture, process, and another standard establishments
- Design, develop, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Write unit and integration tests
- Collaborate with the team members and customer representatives
- Perform code reviews and share best practices with colleagues
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.