Our client is a leading communications & publishing company with 50 years of history, working on digital products and solutions for automotive OEMs and vehicle owners worldwide. As a global leader in information solutions, the company is focused on creating innovative communications that best address the information needs of the automotive industry. Through processes that seamlessly integrate information development, management and delivery, they produce high-quality, value-driven print, mobile and interactive communications for vehicle owners and automotive sales and service personnel.
You will join a distributed team that is building a set of products that simplify digital content creation and distribution across the globe for multiple Automotive OEM clients. You’ll get to influence architecture decisions, practice US-based client communication on a daily basis, and will enjoy an inspiring development process heavily powered by DevOps, engineering practices, and a feature-ownership approach. Products are already in production but are still in a very active development phase and with more clients to come. Therefore you will get to work on new feature development, drive new feature design and spend time improving the existing solution based on the client’s feedback.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience working as a Full-stack Engineer for 2+ years
- Strong Java core skills: you know which classes to use and how they work under the hood
- Proficient in technologies we use: Java 8, Spring (core, security, data, boot), MySQL (Hibernate), Gradle
- Knowledge of modern JS frameworks (Angular or React)
- Experience in writing semantic HTML5, CSS3, and CSS preprocessors such as Sass and Less
- You have strong knowledge of OOP/OOD, architecture, and design patterns
- You have an understanding of TDD values and experience in applying those to real projects
- You have solid experience with software ecosystems
- You have real-life experience with distributed Agile projects as a part of a multi-skilled team
- You speak English well and do not hesitate to use it with customers
Good to have:
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure (EC2, S3, RDS, ElasticSearch)
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering, and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers, and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers, and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person, and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working, and unique international travel opportunities.