DevOps is the practice of operations and development engineers participating together in the entire service lifecycle, from design through the development process to production support. DevOps brings a fundamental change in collaboration – a recognition of a fact that there’s always only one entity standing behind a successful product: a delivery team. By making use of many of the same techniques and principles as developers use for their systems work, operations staff is capable of producing scalable, reliable and performant infrastructures as well as bring software to life by deploying and managing it effectively.
We care about simplicity and we believe in the Agile Manifesto, which is about better ways of software development. Our everyday practice involves virtualization, containerization, dealing with Cloud, networking, configuration management systems, deployment automation and much, much more. “Co-creation” is an appropriate term to describe what we’re here for. Join us, and get involved.
Qualifications & Experience
- Mid-level in spoken and written English
- A thorough and applicable understanding of Linux Operating System (Storage, Network, Process Management) and Network Protocols/Technologies
- Extensive troubleshooting skills in system performance and network connectivity
- Experience with bash scripting
- Familiar with Version Control Systems such as SVN/GIT/Mercurial
- Experience with RDBMS’s such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Understanding of Configuration Management Systems, such as Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Salt
- Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment concepts understanding
- Basic Python/Ruby knowledge
- Experience in managing Cloud environments (AWS/Azure/GCP)
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.