At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
DevOps is the practice of software operation and development engineers participating together in the entire service lifecycle, from design through the development process to production support. DevOps brings a fundamental change in collaboration — the recognition of the fact that there’s one entity standing behind a successful product: the delivery team.
We care about simplicity. We believe in the Agile Manifesto, which is about finding better ways of software development. Our everyday practice involves virtualization, containerization, dealing with the Cloud, networking, configuration management systems, deployment automation and much, much more. “Co-creation” is an appropriate term to describe what we’re all about. Join us and get involved!
Qualifications & Experience
- Upper intermediate level of English;
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience);
- A thorough and applicable understanding of Linux Operating System (Storage, Network, Process Management) and Network Protocols/Technologies;
- Software lifecycle management experience;
- Networking fundamentals (switching, routing, load balancing);
- Version Control Systems (Git, SVN, etc.);
- Scripting/programming skills (Bash, Python/Ruby, etc.);
- Troubleshooting skills in system performance and network connectivity.
- Understanding of Configuration Management Systems, such as Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Salt;
- Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment concepts understanding;
- Basic Python/Ruby/Golang knowledge;
- Experience in managing Cloud environments (AWS/Azure/GCE);
- Monitoring tools (Prometheus, TICK stack, Graphite, Grafana, etc.);
- RDMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.);
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, etc.);
- Cloud orchestration (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.);
- NoSQL DBs knowledge (Redis, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, etc.);
- Understanding of Distributed Systems concepts, High Availability, vertical and horizontal scaling.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.