At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We’re looking for a Junior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team.
Our product is a digital fitness application that enables gyms to create a branded and engaging social fitness community. This interactive platform connects exercise equipment, third-party apps and fitness trackers. It enables clubs, trainers and customers from around the world to efficiently access, collect and analyze fitness data. The branded health-club apps enable customers to enhance their training and workout sessions using personalized goal settings and fitness challenges.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 0.5 years of commercial experience in software testing;
- Basic knowledge of Internet network model (HTTP);
- Basic knowledge of databases and DB design (basic knowledge of SQL syntax, ability to write queries);
- Understanding of Client/Server architecture;
- Understanding of Data exchange formats (JSON, XML);
- Ability to read and write project documentation and correspondence;
- Upper intermediate level of English.
Would be a plus:
- Experience in Mobile testing;
- Basic experience with linux (terminal commands);
- REST API concept understanding, ability to interact with API;
- Ability to write simple automation scripts in any language (Python is preferable).
- Configuration management in the Production database and mobile apps submission to Apple and Google Play stores;
- Manual testing of Web/Mobile applications (functional, regression);
- API testing of the server part of the system;
- Create, prioritize and execute test cases, checklists, report defects, create relevant project documentation;
- Review and resolve escalations from end-users in production;
- Coordinate with QA and Dev teams on bug fixes, feature deliverables;
- Ensure that 3 mln monthly users are happy with our product.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.