At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
As a Lead Automation QA Engineer, you will be an integral part of our customer and engineering relations and success. You will work on troubleshooting our platform for our clients, working in multiple technical environments, triaging issues, and tracking. This includes spotting issues in Slack or the Customer Support Channel and alerting corresponding teams with accurate and informative information, writing detailed reports of the unique issues with clear steps to reproduce these issues, exposure to the database structures and writing effective queries, and working on setting forward and enforcing company-wide standards. In this role, you will receive continuous opportunities to learn new technology and grow as an engineer. You will also take an active part in onboarding new customers and contributing to process improvements.
This is a great opportunity to leverage your existing skills, build alongside a world-class team, and have a huge impact on how marketplaces can be redefined. Here, we are just getting started.
Qualifications & Experience
- 4+ years of working experience in software quality assurance (with focus on web applications);
- Upper-intermediate level English or above is required;
- Understanding of SCRUM processes;
- Experience developing API or UI test automation frameworks;
- Experience with Python is a must;
- Experience maintaining QA documentation: test cases, test strategy, test plan, test reports;
- Proven experience with GIT or any other version control system;
- Understanding of CI concepts.
Good to have:
- Prior experience developing automation testing frameworks from scratch;
- Experience running performance tests;
- Experience as a primary contact person for QA-related matters;
- Computer science degree or similar.
- Provide technical guidance for automation engineers (2 team members at the present);
- Collaborate with automation QA team to support a lean, stable automation testing frameworks development;
- Research up-to-date automation techniques and tools;
- Build and support automation tools for stable and efficient automation execution;
- Provide code reviews for automation engineers;
- Report automation team status on a regular basis, plan sprint scope;
- Manage internal/external team communication.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.