At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our client is a worldwide leader in automotive infotainment and advanced connected car solutions. One of the client’s products is a connected vehicle platform intended to communicate with OEMs, fleets, and vehicle owners by providing them with relevant services, content, and analytics information. The goal of the project is to help the client develop the server-side of the platform by implementing core services and integrations with IoT and partner systems.
You will have a chance to be responsible for the architecture decisions and you will help shape the final product vision – and corresponding technical solutions – in close collaboration with the client. This includes leading the team, multiple workshops, brainstorming and debugging sessions with the embedded team. There are multiple interesting challenges along the way including Microservices engagement, handling integration with IoT clients, delivering firmware updates, as well as managing and maintaining a lot of integrations with external service providers.
- 5+ years of Java development experience;
- 2+ years of Team Leading experience;
- Proven experience in designing architecture as well as building and deploying scalable solutions using AWS cloud platform;
- Expert knowledge in designing RESTful API contracts;
- Strong knowledge of Java 8+ and Spring (Boot, Cloud, Data, Security);
- Hands-on experience with RDBMS (Postgres) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis);
- Hands-on experience with IoT protocols (LwM2M, MQTT or similar);
- Knowledge of design principles, patterns, and best-practices such as Service Registration and Discovery, Load Balancing, Caching, Observability, Resiliency and Redundancy;
- An advanced level of English and the ability to communicate with a client directly.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and practical experience with Python;
- Understanding of microservices architecture and practical experience building microservices within a cloud platform;
- Experience with event-driven architectures and messaging systems (Kafka, Amazon SQS);
- Passion for various engineering practices and proper process setup;
- Experience with Docker and CI/CD;
- Experience with ksqlDB.
- Work closely with the client and architecture team to design solutions for the cloud platform and its core components;
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the development team to ensure that platform services are built according to defined contracts;
- Develop server-side components and integrations with IoT and external systems (up to 70 percent of capacity);
- Maintain technical excellence backlog and facilitate the process of decreasing the amount of technical debt on the project;
- Adapt existing methods and procedures to create alternative solutions to moderately complex problems;
- Use your judgment to determine the optimal solution to recommend;
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments with minimal guidance;
- Manage medium to small sized teams and/or work efforts.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.