Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
You will have a chance to be responsible for the architecture decisions and you will help shape the final product vision – and corresponding technical solutions – in close collaboration with the client. This includes leading the team, multiple workshops and brainstorming sessions. There are multiple interesting challenges along the way including Microservices engagement, managing and maintaining a lot of integrations with external service providers.
- 5+ years of Java development experience.
- 2+ years of Team Leading experience.
- Proven experience in designing architecture as well as building and deploying scalable solutions using AWS cloud platform.
- Expert knowledge in designing RESTful API contracts.
- Strong knowledge of Java 8+ and Spring (Boot, Cloud, Data, Security).
- Hands-on experience with RDBMS (Postgres) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis).
- Knowledge of design principles, patterns and best-practices such as Service Registration and Discovery, Load Balancing, Caching, Observability, Resiliency and Redundancy.
- Advanced level of English and the ability to communicate with a client directly.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and practical experience with Python.
- Understanding of microservices architecture and practical experience building microservices within a cloud platform.
- Experience with event-driven architectures and messaging systems (Kafka, Amazon SQS).
- Passion for various engineering practices and proper process setup.
- Experience with Docker and CI/CD.
- Work closely with the client to design the architecture of the cloud platform and its core components.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the development team to ensure that platform services are built according to defined contracts.
- Develop server-side components and integrations with external systems.
- Define non-functional requirements for scalability, throughput, response time and ensure proper implementation.
- Conduct architecture meetings, assist the development team in presenting technical solutions and accelerate their implementation.
- Maintain technical excellence backlog and facilitate the process of decreasing amount of technical debt on the project
- Adapt existing methods and procedures to create alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Use own judgment to determine the optimal solution to recommend.
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments with minimal guidance.
- Manage medium-small sized teams and/or work efforts.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.