At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our customer is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of analog, mixed-signal, and DSP integrated circuits to help solve the toughest engineering challenges. The company serves clients in industrial, automotive, consumer, and communications markets through a direct sales force, third-party distributors, and independent sales representatives in the United States as well as the rest of North and South America, Europe, Japan, China, and the rest of Asia.
You will be developing an educational platform for IoT devices from scratch along with an international Star team.
Project Stack: NodeJS, React, Next.js, Azure, K8S, API Management.
- Experience architecting solutions and leading a team;
- 5+ years of experience as BE Engineer (Node.js: express; DB:PSQL, Redis);
- Experience developing responsive web apps;
- Experience with Docker and containerization;
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery;
- Understanding of microservices approaches and practices;
- Strong spoken and written English.
Nice to have:
- Front-end: React, Redux, Next.js;
- Experience with Azure Cloud Services.
- Adapt existing methods and procedures to create alternative solutions to moderately complex problems;
- Lead the development of the new functionality to support web application;
- Participate in the architecture sessions, deciding on solutions together with the client;
- Oversee and lead the adoption of engineering best practices like, code review, unit testing, TDD, etc.;
- Use of own judgment to determine the optimal solution to recommend;
- Performance of primary upward interaction with direct supervisor or teams’ leads. Generally interactions with peers and/or management levels;
- Determination of the methods and procedures on new assignments with minimal guidance.
Compensations and Beneftits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.