Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
We are looking for you!
We are looking for a Lead Python Engineer to push the limits of innovation, R&D, product development, and team scaling, along with partner and customer engagement.
Friday PM is a SaaS B2B start-up with a proven product idea and a growing customer base. Our platform helps enterprises leverage behavioral analytics and embrace the future of work - far beyond a hybrid work model.
You will play a vital role in the entire product lifecycle and collaborate with the team, executive sponsors, clients and partners.
Skills and experience you can bring to this role!
Friday PM has already signed clients representing worldwide enterprises. However, we remain a startup. Since early-stage companies aren’t the right fit for everyone, we focus on finding unique individuals with great entrepreneurial talent who will thrive in our startup environment.
Qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in technical leadership roles in SaaS product development;
- Engineering experience with Python-based solutions;
- Experience in architecting scalable and reliable cloud and hybrid-based solutions;
- Strong and confident negotiating abilities with the willingness to negotiate at all levels;
- Proven leadership and management skills, including the ability to optimize team performance and development;
- A start-up mindset and adherence to classic lean start-up principles;
- Advanced or higher level of spoken and written English.
- MS/BS degree in Computing Sciences or equivalent;
- Experience with all of UX, front-end, back-end and data layers;
- SQL and NoSQL databases;
- Basic understanding of data science.
- Experience in computer vision is a strong plus;
- Experience with deep neural networks, specifically CNNs, is a strong plus;
- Experience with HW and IoT solutions is a strong plus.
Feel free to apply to this position if you match all the below personality traits:
- "Can do" attitude. You don't mind going above and beyond your job description; you roll up your sleeves and pitch in;
- Preference for action. You do not wait to take action until you get all the details; you are comfortable acting with only 65% of the necessary knowledge and discover the rest on the go;
- Technical mindset. You can rapidly explore every opportunity, break it down into digestible pieces, and work through them in an orderly process;
- Adaptability. You can operate in the space of ambiguity, quickly process new information and use it to influence your actions, even if it's a U-turn;
- Collaboration. You communicate clearly, actively listen to others, take responsibility for mistakes and respect the diversity of your colleagues;
- Intellectual powerhouse. You have the drive to get smarter and better at what you do; you're fond of picking up new responsibilities and wearing multiple hats.
What impact you’ll make
As a Lead Python Engineer, you’ll be focused on:
- Ensure that the engineering strategy and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs regarding price, quality, and delivery target;
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities;
- Validate the feasibility of creating envisioned solutions considering the current state of technological progress;
- Contribute to the overall business strategy;
- Keep an eye out for emerging technologies (SW and HW) and drive Friday PM's technical vision and strategy;
- Look for opportunities to improve the product and build a plan for new releases.
- Hands-on contributions to Friday PM codebases, including full-stack code development;
- Drive R&D projects exploring the capabilities of computer vision, AI and neural networks;
- Explore different IoT devices that we could incorporate into the platform;
- Be responsible for the production of a minimum viable product (MVP);
- Refine product architecture, select the technology stack, suggest third-party services and test solutions;
- Own delivery of the development roadmap for Friday PM;
- Ensure high availability and high reliability in the production environment;
- Keep track of external tech providers' updates, changes to API, policy amendments and other information as needed.
What you’ll get
Regardless of your position or role, we have in place a wide array of benefits including flexible working (hybrid/remote models) and generous time off policies (unlimited vacations, sick and parental leaves) to make it easier for all people to thrive and succeed at Star. On top of that, we offer an extensive rewarding and compensation package, intellectually and creatively stimulating space, health insurance and some more.
Your holistic wellbeing is central at Star. You'll join a warm and vibrant multinational environment filled with impactful projects, career development opportunities, mentorship and training programs, fun sports activities, workshops, networking and outdoor meet-ups.