At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel, who will support our rapidly growing and evolving company. You’ll work with documents of varying complexity and process tasks from different departments.
- Rework our legal paperwork (NDA, MSA, SOW) in alignment with Star requirements, which would also include the development of ‘local’ MSAs (Germany, Japan);
- Play a key leadership role in preparation of major RFP’s
- Own full contractual cycle, from drafting to execution, including customer redlines review and alignment (including when we use customer paperwork not Star);
- Work with local legal consultants (on demand);
- Improve governance model to ensure proper review and approval of legal paperwork on Star side;
- Work with various Star team members on terms and conditions for Fixed Price engagements;
- Elaborate best practices for negotiations (what we can accept from customer redlines and what we ask instead);
- Drafting and amending legal guidelines, policies, and internal corporate standards;
- Participate in customer calls related to T&Cs negotiations;
- Own commercial team contractor paperwork (Referrals, Advisors etc);
- Vendor contracts including independent contractors and recruiters etc.
- University Degree in Law;
- 4+ years of relevant work experience as a lawyer in a law firm or in-house lawyer
- Experience in drafting and reviewing various commercial contracts, service agreements, NDAs, POAs, MOMs, Data Protection Agreements, IPR agreements, etc.;
- Knowledge of the functioning of the IT industry;
- Understanding principles of the document registry procedure;
- Understanding of work with contract templates;
- Knowledge of features of contractual documents for software products;
- Curiosity, perseverance, attention to detail;
- Result-oriented and highly ambitious: responsibility and readiness to act independently and take ownership for the results;
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using both logic and reason, creative and strategic thought processes;
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluent English.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.