If you are an energetic, empathetic, and execution-oriented professional who understands the local market and its challenges, this is a vacancy for you!
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
As Star continues to expand, we’re looking for an energetic, empathetic, and execution-oriented Country Manager to lead our sales growth in Japan. It’s a strategically important role in one of our most important markets, and the successful applicant will be a critical contributor to our growth. As our Country Manager, you’ll be focused on acquiring new logos and building the Japanese client base across all of our verticals.
- 10+ years of sales/business development experience with a consultancy background;
- Highly motivated self-starter who is a seasoned hunter with a strong ability to identify and open new accounts;
- Experience with software platforms and technologies (web, mobile, cloud, embedded), and an early adopter mindset with a passion for the latest technology trends, apps, gadgets, and companies;
- Exposure to technology startups and corporate innovation ecosystems – either through direct employment, client relationships, or personal network;
- Experience with the entrepreneurial dynamics of a start-up;
- Substantial experience in global design, value-adding technology services, or strategy consulting services is an absolute must;
- A proven ability to consistently meet and over-achieve sales targets;
- Thought leadership and strong knowledge of Star’s areas of technology expertise within design, design-thinking, Big Data Management, Machine Learning, M2M Connectivity, Data Science, etc. is a big plus;
- A demonstrated ability to manage all phases of the customer engagement and sales process;
- A strategic mindset and experience using consultative approaches to bring new clients on board through a disarming and empathetic attitude;
- Exposure to the technology startup and corporate innovation ecosystems, as well as experience engaging with C-level leaders;
- A team player;
- Inclusiveness for the person’s requirements;
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally 10-20% of the time;
- The ability to balance a self-starter mentality with the need to adhere to agreed processes.
- Lead Japanese sales growth for Star with a focus on new logo acquisition;
- Manage the entire sales cycle from research to closing deals as well as overseeing successful delivery and client satisfaction;
- Take strategic responsibility for identifying target verticals and businesses and defining a sales plan. Execute on this plan, and close projects with well-funded early-stage and late-stage startups and larger Fortune 500 enterprises;
- Work closely with a Star global design team, generate a pipeline of high-potential design-related engagements (including consumer, industrial, and digital design projects) to 25-35% of your quota;
- Spend a significant amount of time in the field developing and leveraging relationships through personal meetings, presentations, and networking;
- Identify opportunities within existing and prospective customers. Work with customers and a local Star team to determine requirements and specifications supervised by a country manager;
- Build the unique value proposition for each client, and shape and close new projects with customers;
- Own the commercial funnel, ensuring that there are high-potential clients at each stage, and a continuous and growing flow of new relationships, new deals, and repeat customers.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.