Our client is a leading communications & publishing company with 50 years of history, working on digital products and solutions for automotive OEMs and vehicle owners worldwide. As a global leader in information solutions, the company is focused on creating innovative communications that best address the information needs of the automotive industry. Through processes that seamlessly integrate information development, management, and delivery, they produce high-quality, value-driven print, mobile and interactive communications for vehicle owners and automotive sales and service personnel.
We are a cross-functional team working on the diagnostics product for a leading Japanese OEM used by 50,000 OEM-authorized repairers daily in every European country. Upon joining us you’ll experience what it’s like to support and evolve the complex product and will face real challenges related to application scaling, 24/7 availability, user feedback processing and feature complexity.
In addition to that, you’ll enjoy an inspiring development process heavily powered by DevOps, engineering practices and a feature-ownership approach. The product is already in production but is still in a very active development phase, therefore, we will work on new feature development, drive new feature design and spend time improving the existing solution based on the client’s feedback.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of working experience in software quality assurance (enterprise web applications preferably)
- Understanding of the way web works – HTTP, AJAX, JSON and of the client-server architecture
- An ability to test complex features related to data processing, mock services creation, APIs verification and backend applications features
- Experience working with AWS services (ElasticSearch, SQS, SNS, S3, EC2)
- Experience with SQL and the ability to write complex queries
- Comfortable working with Linux/Unix-based systems and git
- A level of English that is sufficient to speak to clients and run product demos
- Experience with establishing test processes, organizing test reporting and presenting results to the customer
- Understanding of CI concepts, test environments schemes
- Understanding of SCRUM processes
Will be an advantage:
- Interested in cars and automotive industry
- Experience in release management
- Any experience doing performance and/or automated testing
- Experience being a primary contact person for QA related matter
- Computer science degree or similar
As a QA Engineer, you’ll be fully responsible for the quality of our web product.
Day to day work would imply:
- Testing application features and troubleshooting issues coming from production
- Maintaining test and QA procedures on a project, assuring the product quality on a daily basis
- Product requirement analysis and processing
- Being a part of the agile delivery team, working closely with development/design/product management to coordinate the effort
- Release management
- Product demos
- Communication with clients and external stakeholders
- Taking part in continuous process improvement, giving process recommendations
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working, and unique international travel opportunities.