At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for a QA Engineer to become a core member of our team that is working with an Automotive Industry Leader based in Europe. The application you will be working on is focused on building the tool-set for data management. You will handle a significant part of the product development process working in close collaboration with the client. By joining our team you will find yourself working in a friendly, open, and positive atmosphere every day.
Qualifications & Experience:
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3+ year of commercial experience in software quality assurance;
- Basic software theory knowledge;
- Working experience with software testing documentation (bug reports, test plans, test cases, checklists);
- Understanding of SCRUM and other development methodologies;
- Understanding of the way Web works – HTTP, AJAX, JSON, and of the client-server architecture;
- REST API concept understanding, ability to interact with API;
- Requirements validation experience;
- An upper-intermediate level of English for daily communication with client and distributed teams;
Would be a plus:
- Experience in testing of a big data application;
- Basic experience with linux (terminal commands);
- Ability to write simple automation scripts in any language (JS or Python preferable);
- Experience in working with GraphQL.
- Manual testing of Web application (functional, regression, etc);
- API testing of the server part of the system;
- Create, prioritize and execute test cases, checklists, report defects, create relevant project documentation;
- Coordinate with QA and Dev teams on bug fixes, feature deliverables.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.