At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our client is a marketplace focused on healthcare products and other solutions to meet the needs of seniors. The startup has already received $30 M in its first round of funding and has sold about 50 million units of its flagship product.
We are looking for an energetic person to join our team and work alongside this rapidly growing brand.
You’ll experience what it’s like to support and evolve the complex product and will face real challenges related to application scaling, 24/7 availability, user feedback processing and feature complexity.
In addition to that, you’ll enjoy an inspiring development process heavily powered by DevOps, engineering practices and a feature-ownership approach. The product is already in production but is still in a very active development phase, therefore, we will work on new feature development, drive new feature design and spend time improving the existing solution based on the client’s feedback.
Our team is based in Kyiv and we’d love to meet you!
Qualifications & Experience:
- 1.5+ years year of commercial experience in software quality assurance;
- Basic software theory knowledge;
- Working experience with software testing documentation (bug reports, test plans, test cases, checklists);
- Understanding of SCRUM and other development methodologies;
- Understanding of Web principles: HTTP(S), AJAX, JSON;
- Solid comprehension of the client-server architecture;
- Experience in mobile testing;
- Basic knowledge of SQL;
- Requirements validation experience;
- Intermediate or above English language proficiency.
Nice to have:
- Basic experience with Linux (terminal commands);
- REST API concept understanding, ability to interact with APIs;
- Ability to write simple automation scripts in any language (Python is preferable).
- Configuration management in the Production database and mobile apps submission to Apple and Google Play stores;
- Manual testing of Web/Mobile applications (functional, regression);
- API testing of the server part of the system;
- Create, prioritize and execute test cases, checklists, report defects and relevant project documentation;
- Review and resolve escalations from end-users in production;
- Coordinate with QA and Dev teams on bug fixes and feature deliverables;
- Ensure that 3 million monthly users are happy with our product.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.