At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
This product is being created to make parking forgettable. It includes displaying, searching and filtering parking options, helping consumers to understand the cheapest and nearest options with a high-quality user experience executed as native iOS and Android applications. Following the launch of the product in the market, individual users will be able to take the stress out of parking, while fleet operators will have a new tool to reduce parking fines for their drivers.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of working experience in software quality assurance (with focus on native iOS/Android applications);
- Experience in testing complex web/mobile/embedded/desktop applications;
- Experience working in Scrum/Kanban teams;
- Understanding of the way Web apps work – HTTP, AJAX, JSON and of the client-server architecture;
- Experience with SQL and Linux/Unix-based systems, git or svn;
- Understanding of CI concepts, experience planning test environments schemes;
- Experience with organizing test reporting and presenting results to the customer;
- Experience with participating in delivery process improvement;
- Intermediate or above level of English is a must.
- Experience with grey box testing using databases and backend apps is a plus;
- Knowledge of any programming language would be an advantage;
- Experience with doing performance and/or automated testing is a big plus;
- Experience with being a primary contact person for QA related matters is a big plus;
- Computer science degree or similar is a plus;
As a QA Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the quality of web and mobile products. Day to day work would imply:
- Taking part in day-to-day QA/QC processes – test planning, test documentation, manual testing, test automation;
- QA review of the business and technical requirements;
- Regression testing, maintaining the regression test suite automating anything reasonable;
- Test reporting;
- Estimating test efforts and risks;
- Troubleshooting and support activities;
- Making product demos for the customer/team.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.