We’re looking for an energetic, empathetic, and execution-oriented Practice Lead, who is experienced with, and passionate about, the newest technology trends in the Automotive & Mobility industry. We expect you to be an up-to-date technology enthusiast that can empathize with the product development challenges that startups and innovation-driven corporations in the software and hardware spaces are facing. You should be passionate about working with clients and internal stakeholders to shape deals that meet their needs and that leverage our unique value proposition.
- 10+ years of sales/business development experience. Some of your sales experience must be in selling design, engineering or consulting services within Automotive & Mobility industry
- Thought leadership and specific knowledge of key topics including emerging technology trends and cutting-edge developments within the automotive industry
- Sales hunter experience with a strong ability to identify and open new accounts, as well as having an existing network in the Automotive & Mobility industry
- Experience using consultative approaches to bring new clients on board through a disarming attitude, and an empathetic and strategic mindset
- Proven ability to consistently meet and over-achieve sales targets
- Demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the sales process – from lead generation to closing deals and developing client relationships
- Fluent spoken and written English
Nice to have:
- Experience with software platforms and technologies (web, mobile, cloud, embedded), and an early adopter mindset with a passion for the latest technology trends, apps, gadgets, and companies
- Exposure to technology startups and corporate innovation ecosystems – either through direct employment, client relationships, or personal network
- Balance of self-starter mentality and ability to adhere to processes.
Practice Lead at Star is expected to manage and excel in all phases of the sales cycle:
- Lead US automotive growth for Star, with a primary focus on client engagement, and building the client base
- Create the new account targeting strategy, execute on this plan, and close and expand new business within the region
- Work closely with the Star Design San Francisco studio to generate a pipeline of high potential design engagements across digital, service and strategic design
- Spend a significant portion of time in the field, developing and leveraging relationships through personal meetings, presentations, and networking
- Identify opportunities with existing and prospective customers. Work with customers and the Star team to determine requirements and specifications
- Build the unique customer value proposition for each client, and shape and close new projects with customers
- Manage existing customer relationships with project managers to ensure service delivery is satisfactory by maintaining project profitability and customer satisfaction targets
- Own the commercial funnel, ensuring there are high-potential clients in each stage of the funnel with a continuous and growing flow of new relationships, new deals, and repeat customers
- Be a master of the competitive and technological landscape.
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.