Star is an end-to-end product co-creation company. We build products for startups and corporations who want to innovate and drive change. We support our customers every step of the way — from ideation and concept to full-stack development and putting solutions in the hands of end-users.
Our key areas of expertise include (but aren’t limited to) Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, and Fintech. We primarily focus on B2B and internal tools, and some of our projects are consumer products. Below are just a few examples:
- EGym (Netpulse) – the largest provider of branded health club software, with the main focus on mobile (thousands of gyms, and millions of monthly active users in 40+ countries)
- Zeiss – virtual eye exam software which enables optometrists to work remotely without sacrificing the quality of diagnosis for patients
- AppyWay – an app that helps drivers find on-street and off-street parking
- Expensify – automating tedious expense reporting (has processed a billion expenses, for over 6 million users)
We are 750 engineers, designers and product managers in 11 locations around the world. Star is on a growth trajectory and now is an exciting time to join an international technology services company and grow with us.
Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of eyeglass lenses and ophthalmologic instruments. The business group develops and produces offerings for the entire eyeglass value chain that is distributed globally.
What will you do
- Proactively work with customers to understand their needs and priorities
- Discover, frame, and prioritize promising productization opportunities
- Take an active role in product scoping and prioritization sessions
- Do the research needed to make high-quality decisions (user interviews, data)
- Maintain product documentation so that everyone knows how things work
- Create clear product requirements and manage the product backlog
- Take part in engineering discussions to make sure the solutions match the requirements
- Clarify features and their intended use so developers can implement them effectively
- Lead backlog grooming meetings and demo sessions, prepare easy-to-read release notes
- Make sure our team and customer stakeholders are on the same page when it comes to product goals, current priorities, and quality
- Preach and practice a product-oriented approach in your work, and lead the team and stakeholders to follow it too
You will be great fit if
- You have a proven track record of shipping custom-built digital products to market, including at least one platform product;
- You know what designers, engineers, QA, marketing, support, and various business stakeholders expect when it comes to product requirements and backlog;
- You are a strong communicator, meaning that your emails are structured and your speech is smooth (all of that, in English);
- You are extremely well-organized and love to keep things in order;
- You know how to manage requirements in an Agile environment;
- You have a good command of English: think IELTS band 7.5 or higher.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.