At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of eyeglass lenses and ophthalmologic instruments. The business group develops and produces offerings for the entire eyeglass value chain that is distributed globally.
What will you do
- Proactively work with customers to understand their needs and priorities;
- Discover, frame, and prioritize promising productization opportunities;
- Take an active role in product scoping and prioritization sessions.
- Do the research needed to make high-quality decisions (user interviews, data);
- Maintain product documentation so that everyone knows how things work;
- Create clear product requirements and manage the product backlog;
- Take part in engineering discussions to make sure the solutions match the requirements;
- Clarify features and their intended use so developers can implement them effectively;
- Lead backlog grooming meetings and demo sessions, prepare easy-to-read release notes.
- Make sure our team and customer stakeholders are on the same page when it comes to product goals, current priorities, and quality;
- Preach and practice a product-oriented approach in your work, and lead the team and stakeholders to follow it too.
You will be great fit if
- You have a proven track record of shipping custom-built digital products to market, including at least one platform product;
- You know what designers, engineers, QA, marketing, support, and various business stakeholders expect when it comes to product requirements and backlog;
- You are a strong communicator, meaning that your emails are structured and your speech is smooth (all of that, in English);
- You are extremely well-organized and love to keep things in order;
- You know how to manage requirements in an Agile environment;
- You have a good command of English: think IELTS band 7.5 or higher.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.