We are looking for you!
We are looking for a motivated and ambitious Product Manager who is focused on challenging, elevating, and inspiring Star’s prospective clients, and positioning the company as the product development partner of choice.
This role, based in Tokyo, will be a critical contributor to existing projects, support pre-sales activities, and knowledge sharing as a product expert. The key responsibilities include:
- Working with the engineering team (local or distributed) as a Product Owner;
- Acting as a trusted advisor to client stakeholders;
- Accumulating domain expertise and product knowledge that will be valuable for Star’s business growth;
- Managing project documentation as needed, including but not limited to:
- Product vision;
- Product roadmap;
- Software requirements;
- User manuals and training materials;
- Stakeholder decks.
- Supporting high-potential pre-sales;
- Kick-starting new projects, with a particular focus on establishing the scope and roadmap.
The ideal candidate has a technology solutions background (preferred: IT consulting, professional services, product start-up), as well as an entrepreneurial mindset, and is someone willing to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the growth of Star in the Japanese market.
Ambition and confidence will be essential, yet the successful candidate will also need to be humble, charming and, above all, a team player. We value pragmatism, which means creating real solutions to real challenges for real people. Last but not least, attention to detail and always striving to do better are critical because ‘good enough’ is never good enough.
Skills and experience you can bring to this role!
Qualifications and experience:
- You have a good technical background and are passionate about software product management;
- Thought leadership and specific knowledge of key topics, including emerging technology trends and cutting-edge developments within one of the following industries: FinTech, Automotive, AdTech or HealthTech;
- You are the champion of great user experience and you let nothing stand between you and a product that delights users;
- New domains do not slow you down, rather you dive into them with a healthy “challenge accepted” attitude;
- You are a great communicator – with customers, executives, internal design and engineering teams;
- You are process-oriented and exceptionally well organized;
- You thrive in a busy working environment;
- Excellent spoken and written Japanese and English.
What impact you’ll make
- Close collaboration with end-users and key stakeholders to identify and capture business and high-level product requirements;
- Market research and competitive analysis;
- Value proposition development and scope definition in coordination with other product stakeholders;
- Close work with customer and partner teams targeted to develop the optimal strategy and feature set to hit the market;
- Requirements development and working with Design, Engineering, and QA teams as a product owner;
- Translate high-level requirements into detailed user stories and use cases that the design and development teams can easily implement;
- Define and prioritize a tactical roadmap and actively participate in the development of the strategic roadmap for your product;
- Manage stakeholder expectations, set and communicate realistic ETA;
- Process end-user feedback and consider it as an input for the new iterations;
- Partner with other product teams to identify and implement across product features.
What you’ll get
Regardless of your position or role, we have in place a wide array of benefits including flexible working (hybrid/remote models) and generous time off policies to make it easier for all people to thrive and succeed at Star. On top of that, we offer an extensive rewarding and compensation package, intellectually and creatively stimulating space, health insurance and some more.
Your holistic wellbeing is central at Star. You'll join a warm and vibrant multinational environment filled with impactful projects, career development opportunities, mentorship and training programs, fun sports activities, workshops, networking and outdoor meet-ups.