At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Building on an impeccable track record, Star has become the de-facto partner for start-ups and corporate innovation labs in the world’s tech hubs.
Turning great ideas into successful, mass-impact products takes a special kind of professional. We hire top 5% caliber talent who are capable of handling complex user experiences, design, and tackle the technical challenges inherent in new product development.
What we offer to our crew is keen attention to their long-term career progression through careful career planning, line management, mentorship, and coaching.
We’re looking for a proactive and result-oriented Project Manager / Senior Project Manager to ‘own’ end-to-end cross-functional workflow from the time the contract is signed and engagement commences, to the time of successful delivery. This is a highly visible role, one that spans multiple global touch-points including customers, delivery teams (engineering, QA, UI, network operations) and account management.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years of Project Management experience, ideally Web and Mobile projects;
- Hands-on experience in agile development methodologies;
- Leadership, team motivation, and decision-making skills;
- Ability to guide others through complexity, ambiguity, and uncertainty;
- Consulting skills, ability to elaborate ideas, explain technical concepts in a simple way, and convey a technical vision to business people;
- Experience with fixed price project management techniques and practices is highly desirable;
- Upper-intermediate or advanced written and spoken English skills;
- Technical experience is highly desirable.
- MS/BS degree in Computing Sciences or equivalent is preferred.
- Pre-sale negotiations and product elaborations;
- Full-cycle project management from business idea to the successful delivery.
As part of the above:
- Set correct customer expectations, hold internal contributors accountable for their deadlines & deliverables, pro-actively follow up with project stakeholders;
- Ensure the quality of the process and deliverables;
- Remove process bottlenecks. Escalate and resolve issues.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.