At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for QA and test specialists in the embedded and hardware domain. You would be responsible for performing the QA on our IoT and e-Scooter features before they are rolled out to the markets.
Qualifications & experience:
- 2+ years of experience in software testing & quality assurance;
- Experience in testing the embedded applications both manually and with automated test cases (Java or Python);
- Experience in testing the backend (Rest & gRPC) systems both manually and with automated test cases (Java or Python);
- Solid understanding of client-server architecture;
- Previous experience with Scrum, scaled agile and associated support processes;
- Previous experience in testing methods such as TDD and BDD and software development life cycle in general;
- Demonstrated experience with using the Atlassian suite, CI/CD automation tooling as well as industry-standard test frameworks;
- Solid communication skills, being comfortable working in a very dynamic and collaborative work environment;
- An upper-intermediate level of English or above (both written and oral).
- Experience in mobile apps testing including automation is a plus.
- Taking part in defining and implementing quality assurance and testing frameworks within the IoT and Hardware team;
- Support and instrument the Scrum development teams in taking responsibility for test-driven and behavior-driven development, testing, and deployment;
- Defining and implementing processes and frameworks for test automation and automated instrumentation of KPIs;
- Taking responsibility for the definition and implementation of end-to-end test cases as well as the implementation of integration, UI, and interface tests;
- Enable work on CI/CD processes across embedded and backend development teams;
- Work with various frameworks and tools like QEMU, GitHub, Rest Assured, Saucelabs, Postman, Charles Proxy, Selenium, Jmeter, Jira, Xray;
- Riding the scooters for testing purposes.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.