At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
As a QA Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the quality of web and mobile products. Day to day work would imply:
- Follow test and QA procedures on a project, driving the product quality on a daily basis;
- Driving exploratory, regression, UI/UX, release, functional testing, authoring test cases for the product;
- Product requirement analysis and processing;
- Gathering QA/test metrics and reporting to QA Lead and the client;
- Being a part of the agile delivery team, working closely with development/design/product management to coordinate the effort;
- Taking part in continuous process improvement, giving process recommendations.
Qualifications & Experience
- 2+ years of working experience in software quality assurance (with a focus on web applications);
- Experience with testing complex web applications;
- Experience with testing mobile applications is a plus;
- Understanding of the client-server architecture (HTTP, AJAX, JSON, REST);
- Understanding of GIT principles;
- Understanding of CI concepts;
- Experience participating in delivery process improvement;
- Understanding of agile delivery methodology application in practice;
- Experience in grey box testing using databases and backend apps is a plus;
- Experience in testing responsive website;
- Intermediate level English or above.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of any programming language would be an advantage;
- Computer science degree or similar.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.