At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
A platform for the sixth-largest transit agency in the United States, serving 358 million passengers annually.
The project aim is to create a data science driven mobile prototype that enhances the experience of passengers and transport agencies by utilizing density information in public transport and on stops.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of working experience in software quality assurance (WEB and Mobile);
- Understanding of SCRUM processes;
- Understanding of testing principles, methodologies, and techniques;
- Experience with requirements validation;
- Experience in testing complex applications;
- Understanding of the way Web works – HTTP, AJAX, JSON and of the client-server architecture;
- Experience with a version control system (Git);
- Understanding of CI concepts, test environments schemes;
- Experience with establishing test process, organizing test reporting, and presenting results to the customer;
- Experience in delivery process improvement;
- Upper-Intermediate level of spoken and written English.
Nice to have:
- Experience with grey box testing using databases and backend apps;
- Knowledge of any programming language basics;
- Basic knowledge of data science;
- Experience doing performance and/or automated testing;
- Experience being a primary contact person for QA related matters;
- A computer science degree or similar.
As a QA Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the quality of a mobile product. Day to day work would imply:
- Establishing and maintaining the test and QA procedures on a project, assuring the product quality on a daily basis;
- Creating and managing test documentation like QA and test plans, test cases, checklists, bug reports, test reports, etc.;
- Driving exploratory and scripted testing processes;
- Product requirements analysis and validation;
- Being a part of the Agile delivery team, working closely with development/design/product management to coordinate the effort;
- Taking part in continuous process improvement;
- Communication with the client on a regular basis;
- Processing client feedback on product quality.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.