We’re looking for an empathetic and result-oriented Sales Engineer to lead our business development in China for Star’s engineering services and contribute to corporate business growth in China. This role will be a key contributor to driving sales and strategic growth at Star, and help our customers envision and deliver groundbreaking product and service experiences.
The ideal candidate has both a technology solutions development and entrepreneurial mindset and is someone willing to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the growth and vitality of Star in the south Asian market.
Charisma, ambition and confidence are essential, and the successful candidate will also be humble, disarming, and a team player. We value pragmatism, which for us means creating real solutions to real challenges for real people. Last but not least, attention to detail and always striving to do better is critical because ‘good enough’ is never good enough.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of professional working experience in digital product design and development space with a consulting working background.
- 2+ years of working experience with providing software development consulting services for the Chinese market and familiarity with software development environments in China.
- 2+ years of cross-industry experience in business development based on his/her established networks with Chinese clients.
- Experience with software development project management and software product development process.
- Experience with engineering complex software solutions, within all of cloud, web and mobile layers.
- Ability to stay effective under the pressure of tight deadlines, high expectations, and demandable clients.
- Excellent communication skills in both Chinese (Mandarin) and English
Nice to have:
- Experience in some of our key business and technology domains: Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, Industry & Manufacturing, FinTech, AdTech & MarTech, and Consumer Electronics.
- Working in a Top 20 IT services company in Vietnam would be a plus.
- MS/BS degree in Computing Sciences or equivalent is preferred. Credit will be given for candidates who do not have relevant degrees but can demonstrate equivalent work experience
- Previous experience of working in China or an internationally distributed company (US, EU).
- Use his/her consulting service industry know-how for software development to be able to identify opportunity spaces and service offerings for Star, to the potential clients in China and Chinese-speaking regions.
- Responsible for business development in engineering services. Scout target clients in key industries and reach out to them for identifying project opportunities.
- Analysis of technology aspects of prospective clients’ businesses and identification of their technology-related needs and challenges. Giving expertise to win credits from potential clients.
- Supporting pre-sales activities, understanding clients’ requirements, leading client workshops and meetings.
- Giving guidance to draft compelling proposals and pitches that are built on a strong narrative with clear why, how and what as well as budget & timeline.
- Collaborating with Star China commercial team to secure the project opportunities from early exploratory discussions to Q&A sessions, to final pitch presentations and follow-ups.
- Be able to work as a bridge between clients and internal engineering team for communication, planning and coordination.
- Engage in engineering project management to ensure successful delivery for clients.
- Work with the account manager or the sales representative to retain customer relations. Grow the accounts by up-selling to secure a continued increase in revenue.
- Contributing to thought leadership and other marketing initiatives via internal R&D initiatives and industry event participation, the publication of blog posts, organization of webinars etc.
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 700+ strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.