At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for a Senior QA Automation Engineer to join our team and create innovative world-class products. You are going to be working as a part of the team for a European startup company, on a sharing micro-mobility platform for the Scandinavian market. You will be responsible for end-to-end testing of microservices solutions as well as participating in discussing the product functionality, defining the architecture, estimating the scope of work, and building the product roadmap with the other team members.
- Taking part in defining and implementing quality assurance and testing frameworks;
- Maintaining test and QA procedures on projects, ensuring the product quality on a daily basis;
- Support and instrument the Scrum development teams in taking responsibility for test-driven development, testing, and deployment;
- Defining and implementing processes and frameworks for test automation and automated instrumentation of KPIs;
- Taking responsibility for the definition and implementation of end to end test cases;
- Set-up and lead CI process from QA activities prospective;
- Lead the team automation activities;
- Taking part in continuous process improvement, giving process recommendations;
- Possible client communication and customer support.
- 4+ years of experience in software testing & quality assurance;
- Experience with testing the backend (Rest) systems both manually and with automated test cases (Java or Python);
- A solid understanding of client-server architecture;
- Previous experience in Scrum scaled agile and associated support processes;
- Previous experience with testing methods such as TDD and BDD and software development life cycle in general;
- Demonstrated experience in using the Atlassian suite, CI/CD automation tooling as well as industry-standard test frameworks;
- Solid communication skills and being comfortable working in a very dynamic and collaborative work environment;
- An upper-intermediate level of English or above (both written and oral).
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.