At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our client is a worldwide leader in automotive infotainment and advanced connected car solutions. One of the client’s products is a platform intended to communicate with car owners and provide them with relevant services, content, and contextual information. The goal of the project is to help the client develop the server-side of their platform by implementing core services and integrations with partner systems.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of working experience in software quality assurance with a focus on web applications;
- A solid understanding of SCRUM processes;
- Experience in testing complex Web applications;
- Experience with developing UI automated framework (JS + TestCafe/Selenium/Cypress);
- Understanding of how the Web works – HTTP, AJAX, JSON, and of the client-server architecture;
- Experience with SQL and Linux/Unix-based systems, git or svn;
- Understanding of CI concepts, test environment schemes;
- Intermediate level English or above.
- Experience with CoAP/CoAPs/LwM2M protocol;
- Experience developing API test automation framework (Python);
- A computer science degree or similar is a plus.
As a QA Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the quality of Web products. Daily tasks include:
- Maintaining test and QA procedures on projects, ensuring the product quality daily;
- Contributing to the UI automation framework;
- Optionally participate in API automation framework development;
- Driving exploratory testing, authoring test plans and test cases for the product;
- Product requirements analysis and processing;
- Gathering QA/test metrics and reporting to QA Leads as well as the client;
- Being a part of the agile delivery team, working closely with development/design/product management to coordinate the effort;
- Taking part in continuous process improvement, giving process recommendations;
- Possible client communication and customer support.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.