At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to join our high-performance DevOps group. As a DevOps team member, you’ll experience software operations and development engineers working together across the entire service lifecycle. This collaboration begins from the design and development processes and continues through to product support. It’s a new way of working that builds on the idea that there’s one entity standing behind a successful product: the delivery team.
We care about simplicity and we believe the Agile Manifesto is a better way of executing software development. Our everyday practices involve virtualization, containerization, dealing with the Cloud, networking, configuration management systems, deployment automation and much more. We’re all about co-creation. Join us and get involved!
- Strong Linux/Unix administration skills;
- Software lifecycle management experience;
- Networking fundamentals (switching, routing, load balancing);
- Versioning (Git, SVN, etc.);
- Scripting/programming skills (Bash, Python/Ruby, etc.);
- Monitoring tools (Grafana, Cacti, Prometheus, etc.);
- Log analytics (ELK stack, Sumologic, Splunk, etc.);
- Experience with relational DBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.);
- Cloud computing (AWS);
- Understanding containerization concepts (Docker ecosystem);
- Experience with container orchestration systems in AWS (AWS EKS/ECS);
- Serverless computing (Fargate);
- Excellent written and verbal English skills;
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience).
- Configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.);
- Virtualization experience (KVM/XEN, Vagrant etc.);
- Cloud configuration, IaaC (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.);
- Continuous Integration/Delivery (Jenkins, GitLab CI, BitBucket, TeamCity, etc.).
- Practice experience with second cloud platform (MS Azure Cloud, GCP);
- NoSQL DB knowledge (Redis, Memcached, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.);
- Understanding of Distributed Systems concepts, High Availability, vertical and horizontal scalability.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.