At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our goal is to reduce costs of tire repairs, the number of tire blowouts and road accidents related to tire issues. We also aim to reduce CO2 emissions by helping customers properly service and maintain their tires. We are looking for someone to help us achieve these goals through a complex system, uniting hardware and software integrations, AI algorithms and data management.
We have freedom of technical decisions, an accommodating and supportive Client team, fast release cycles and minimum bureaucracy.
You will be in charge of architectural decisions, scalability planning, new features roll out, all while working closely with the Star and Client team – although we consider ourselves one super team.
Qualifications & experience
- 6+ years of relevant experience;
- Experience developing using Agile methodologies;
- Experience working on large scale, complex applications;
- Experience with SaaS and cloud environments (AWS);
- Experience with multi-tiered architectures, distributed systems abd high-availability systems;
- Expert-level knowledge of ORM using any of the following databases: MS SQL Server, Cassandra, MongoDB, PostgreSQL;
- Experience with REST API development;
- Excellent teamwork and communication;
- Ability to gain alignment across cross-functional boundaries;
- Ability to challenge the norm and advocate for changes that are for the greater benefit of the business;
- Proven ability to take the product through all stages of development from concept to launch at scale;
- BS/MS CS or equivalent qualitative degree.
- Work closely with Architects to address complex software/system architecture issues;
- Bridge the gap between high-level architecture and the detailed solutions design input needed to deliver product;
- Work closely with product management on understanding requirements and translating into technical solutions;
- Jump in and solve complex technical problems and design issues;
- Drive adoption of advanced cloud-based features and capabilities where needed;
- Provide mentoring and guidance through code reviews, design reviews and best practices;
- Drive CI/CD capabilities to achieve continuous deployment.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.