At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our client is a worldwide leader in automotive infotainment and advanced connected car solutions. One of the client’s products is a connected vehicle platform intended to communicate with OEMs, fleets, and vehicle owners by providing them with relevant services, content, and analytics information. The goal of the project is to help the client develop the server-side of the platform by implementing core services and integrations with IoT and partner systems.
- 5+ years of Java development experience;
- Proven experience in designing architecture as well as building and deploying scalable solutions using AWS cloud platform;
- Expert knowledge in designing RESTful API contracts;
- Strong knowledge of Java 8+ and Spring (Boot, Cloud, Data, Security);
- Hands-on experience with RDBMS (Postgres) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis);
- Hands-on experience with IoT protocols (LwM2M, MQTT or similar);
- Knowledge of design principles, patterns, and best-practices such as Service Registration and Discovery, Load Balancing, Caching, Observability, Resiliency and Redundancy;
- Upper-Intermediate level of spoken and written English.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of microservices architecture and practical experience building microservices within a cloud platform;
- Experience with event-driven architectures and messaging systems (Kafka, Amazon SQS);
- Experience with Docker and CI/CD;
- Experience with ksqlDB.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.