Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our client is a worldwide leader in the advertising industry and specializes in digital marketing services that integrate technology, data, inventory, and human intelligence to reach and manage the most profitable audiences for its customers.
We are working on a group of web-based products that will improve and optimize business processes, reduce time spent on daily duties, and provide our client with a system that will manage activities and control the results.
- Frameworks/libraries: Spring, Hibernate, Flyway, Quartz;
- Databases: MySQL, Redis;
- AWS Stack: EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, SNS, Kinesis;
- Tests: JUnit, Mockito, AssertJ.
Qualifications and experience:
- 4+ years of Java development experience;
- Strong knowledge of OOP/OOD;
- Good notion of RESTful services;
- Strong knowledge of Java 8, Spring (Spring Boot, Web, Data, Security);
- Hands-on experience with RDBMS and ORM (Hibernate).
Would be a plus:
- Experience with AWS;
- Understanding of Microservices approaches and practices;
- Experience with Docker.
- Bridge the gap between high-level architecture and the detailed solutions design input needed to deliver product;
- Work closely with product management on understanding requirements and translating into technical solutions;
- Jump in and solve complex technical problems and design issues;
- Сontribute to the best engineering practices.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.