At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our client is fast developing fintech unicorn startup from EU that is building an events tracking solution to bring their customer’s purchasing experience to the next level. The solution will track, store and analyze user’s events (for example, user clicks, actions, scroll, funnel, etc.). The client aims to create custom solution that will handle the huge and increasing amount of data.
We are building a new Content Management System (CMS), which will involve building micro-services, modeling databases, building UI tools, schedulers, image transformers and building CI/CD pipelines. Our team will start building the product that will eventually become the platform, enabling other teams to extend the CMS and eventually growing into many teams.
- You will be an experienced Engineer with demonstrable experience of building well-performing, responsive web apps;
- We need someone with a thorough understanding of React.js and Node.js and its core principles;
- We need an engineer who is comfortable working in shades of grey and can demonstrate proactivity beyond simply doing an assigned task. You need to be able to architect scalable solutions in a fast-paced environment;
- We need someone who works well autonomously but likes to share and collaborate in pair programming activities and brainstorming sessions;
- You will be a self starter who has an inquisitive mindset.
- Solid NodeJS and React experience;
- Deep knowledge of database modeling – both relational and NoSQL;
- Experience with PostgreSQL;
- Cloud infrastructure experience (e.g. AWS hands on experience);
- Great documentation and communication skills;
- Experience with building projects from the ground up would be an advantage.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.