You’ll join a distributed team, building an innovative solution that integrates with optical medical devices for one of the leaders in the industry. You will have a chance to be responsible for the architecture decisions and will help shape the final product vision – and corresponding technical solutions – in close collaboration with the client. Since the product is being built entirely at Star, you’ll get to establish the delivery process together with the team with a focus on continuous delivery.
Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of eyeglass lenses and ophthalmologic instruments. The business group develops and produces offerings for the entire eyeglass value chain that is distributed globally.
We are working on a web solution that delivers an innovative telemedicine system that enables the stores without optical doctor services to provide remote refraction exams to their customers.
- 5+ years of experience as Full Stack Engineer (Node.js: express; Front-end: React, Redux, rxjs; DB:PSQL, Redis)
- Experience developing responsive web apps
- Experience in writing semantic HTML5, CSS3, and CSS preprocessors like Sass and Less
- Understanding of app/browser performance improvement techniques and potential cross-browser issues
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Upper-Intermediate spoken and written English
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create alternative solutions to moderately complex problems
- Development of the new functionality to support web application
- Participation in the architecture sessions
- Implementation of the unit tests
- Conduction of the code reviews
- Use of own judgment to determine the optimal solution to recommend
- Performance of primary upward interaction with direct supervisor or teams’ leads. Generally interacts with peers and/or management levels
- Determination of the methods and procedures on new assignments with minimal guidance
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers, and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.