At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for a Senior Manual QA Engineer to join our team and create innovative, world-class products. You will handle the entire product development process and work with the customer’s tech-team. You will determine and validate the product functionality and define the testing efforts. Additionally, you will keep a close eye on delivery activities and relay client expectations to the development team. You will also participate in a variety of internal and external events, either as an attendee or speaker.
We partnered with our client to develop a native control and streaming app for the HI-Fi speakers. The application allows for the remote control and operation of wireless speakers. It also streams high definition audio content from a variety of popular services.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you’ll be fully responsible for the quality of our mobile products.
Day to day work would include:
- Setting up test and QA procedures on a project, while driving product quality on a daily basis;
- Driving exploratory testing, writing test plans and test cases for the product;
- Product requirement analysis and processing;
- Testing application features and troubleshooting issues;
- Being a part of an Agile delivery team, working closely with various departments to coordinate efforts;
- Delivery process management;
- Communication with all stakeholders, including customer teams, on a daily basis;
- Taking part in continuous process improvement and giving process recommendations.
- 5+ years of work experience in software quality assurance (preferably mobile development);
- Mobile testing expertise (iOS/Android);
- Solid understanding of HTTP, AJAX, JSON, and of the client-server architecture;
- Understanding of CI concepts, experience planning test environment schemes;
- Comfortable working with GIT;
- Proven experience with establishing test processes, organizing test reporting, and presenting results to the customer;
- Experience participating in delivery process improvement;
- Experience as a primary contact person for QA and product related matters;
- Understanding of working with Agile environment;
- An upper-intermediate level of English or above.
Nice to have
- Experience working with relational DBs.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.