Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for a Senior Manual QA Engineer to join our global team and create innovative, world-class products. You will handle the entire product development process and work with the customer’s tech-team. You will determine and validate the product functionality and define the testing efforts. Additionally, you will keep a close eye on delivery activities and relay client expectations to the development team. You will also participate in a variety of internal and external events, either as an attendee or speaker.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ year of commercial experience in software quality assurance;
- Strong understanding of testing theory, methodologies, and processes;
- Working experience with software testing documentation (bug reports, test plans, test cases, checklists);
- Requirements validation experience;
- Solid understanding of client-server architecture;
- Experience in testing backend systems via API;
- Practical skills with DBs usage (SQL);
- Experience with a version control system (Git);
- Understanding of CI concepts and test environments schemes;
- Basic experience with linux (terminal commands);
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and their application in practice;
- An upper-intermediate level of English or above;
- Readiness to relocate to Poland.
Would be a plus:
- A computer science degree or similar;
- Experience with establishing test processes and organizing test reporting;
- Experience in automated testing;
- Experience in leading a team;
- Experience in delivery process improvement.
- Setting up test and QA procedures on a project, while driving product quality on a daily basis;
- Manual testing of a web/mobile/desktop application;
- API testing of the server part of the system;
- Creation, prioritization and execution of test cases, checklists, report defects and creation of relevant project documentation;
- Direct communication with client and distributed teams on a daily basis;
- Coordination with QA and Dev teams on bug fixes, feature deliverables, release management;
- Taking part in continuous process improvement and giving process recommendations.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.