At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for a Senior Node.js Engineer to become a core member of our new projects. You will handle a significant part, if not the entire, product development process. You will work closely with customers, determine the product functionality, define the architecture and estimate the overall work. When you join our ranks, you will work closely with world-class technology entrepreneurs from the world’s most prominent innovation hubs. These include Silicon Valley, Scandinavia, the United Kingdom, Germany and many others. Some business travel may be required.
Our client is an innovative company that builds a platform for businesses of all types. The new product will provide a seamless finance management experience, including transfers, transaction and invoice management, debit cards management and multi-currency accounts. Business owners will have an option to manage all incoming and outgoing cash flows in one place, get loans and even store some funds in crypto. The product will be available on all platforms: web, iOS and Android.
- 5+ years of experience as Back End Engineer (Node.js: Express; DB: Mongo, MySQL);
- Experience developing responsive web apps;
- Experience with web services and stateless architecture;
- Experience with Docker and containerization;
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery;
- Understanding of microservices approaches and practices;
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and related fields;
- People-oriented and a team player;
- Upper-intermediate spoken and written English;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with customers.
- Participate in requirements analysis and research implementation possibilities;
- Proactively engage in research, discussions and decisions on software architecture, including internal coding style, architecture, process and other standards establishment;
- Design, develop and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code;
- Write unit and integration tests;
- Collaborate with the team members and customer representatives;
- Perform code reviews and share best practices with colleagues.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.