Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
The project is all about embedded software development in a Satellite space, where the successful candidate would apply their testing knowledge in both software and hardware. You will collaborate with our customer technical team in day-to-day operations; the team is globally distributed through numerous locations, allowing the successful client to gain international experience. You will also be involved in architecture design and testing infrastructure development with a unique opportunity to learn and try new things continuously. At Star, everyone is highly valued and given the opportunity to grow in every possible way.
You care about product and quality. You can assess and understand project complexity and know when and how to make tradeoffs regarding dates and deadlines. You are a doer and an influencer - persuading others by example.
Qualifications & experience:
- 4+ years of experience in software quality assurance;
- Experience in automation using Python;
- Solid experience with Linux/Unix-based systems, CLI;
- Understanding of SCRUM processes;
- Understanding of testing principles, methodologies and techniques;
- Experience with requirements validation;
- Good knowledge of testing principles, preferably in Embedded space;
- Being able to organize a testing plan for automation testing;
- The ability to create high-level test cases against requirements;
- Solid understanding of client-server architecture;
- Experience with version control system (Git);
- Understanding of CI concepts, test environments schemes;
- Experience in delivery process improvement;
- Upper-Intermediate level of spoken and written English.
Would be a plus:
- Desire to work closely with FE and BE development tasks;
- Angular knowledge.
- Analyze business requirements to define test scenarios and test cases;
- Build and support automation tools for stable and efficient automation execution;
- Integrate tests into the build pipelines with a focus on continuous delivery;
- Work as a part of SCRUM team;
- Direct communication with a client.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.