At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
As a QA Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the quality of web products. Day to day work would imply:
- Setting up test and QA procedures on a project, driving the product quality on a daily basis;
- Setting up the AI/ML testing procedures using automation;
- Driving exploratory testing, authoring test plans and test cases for the product;
- Product requirements analysis and processing;
- Gathering QA/test metrics and reporting to the client;
- Being a part of the agile delivery team, working closely with development/design/product management to coordinate the effort;
- Taking part in continuous process improvement, giving process recommendations;
- Close client communication on a regular basis;
- Support and improve automation test suites;
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of working experience in software quality assurance (with a focus on web applications);
- Experience in testing complex web applications;
- Experience in working with Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence is an advantage;
- Solid understanding of client-server architecture, the way the web works – HTTP, AJAX, JSON;
- Experience in testing API’s via tools like Postman, Apigee, Fiddler, etc.;
- Experience in grey box testing using databases and backend apps;
- Experience with SQL and Linux/Unix-based systems, git or svn;
- Understanding of CI concepts, experience planning test environments schemes;
- Proven experience with establishing test process, organizing test reporting and presenting results to the customer;
- Experience participating in delivery process improvement;
- Understanding of the agile delivery methodology application in practice;
- Experience doing performance and/or automated testing is a big plus;
- Experience being a primary contact person for QA related matters is a big plus;
- Experience in testing responsive websites is a plus.
Good to have:
- Experience working with Cypress automation tool;
- Computer science degree or similar.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.