Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others. Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
Partner with the world-leading research and development teams to work on the latest developments in semantic analysis AI and figure out the best platform-as-a-service product for businesses.
As a QA Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the quality of web products. Day to day work would imply:
- Setting up test and QA procedures on a project, driving the product quality on a daily basis;
- Setting up the AI/ML testing procedures using automation;
- Driving exploratory testing, authoring test plans and test cases for the product;
- Product requirements analysis and processing;
- Gathering QA/test metrics and reporting to the client;
- Being a part of the agile delivery team, working closely with development/design/product management to coordinate the effort;
- Taking part in continuous process improvement, giving process recommendations;
- Close client communication on a regular basis;
- Support and improve automation test suites;
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of working experience in software quality assurance (with a focus on web applications);
- Experience in testing complex web applications;
- Experience in working with Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence is an advantage;
- Solid understanding of client-server architecture, the way the web works – HTTP, AJAX, JSON;
- Experience in testing API’s via tools like Postman, Apigee, Fiddler, etc.;
- Experience in grey box testing using databases and backend apps;
- Experience with SQL and Linux/Unix-based systems, git or svn;
- Understanding of CI concepts, experience planning test environments schemes;
- Proven experience with establishing test process, organizing test reporting and presenting results to the customer;
- Experience participating in delivery process improvement;
- Understanding of the agile delivery methodology application in practice;
- Experience doing performance and/or automated testing is a big plus;
- Experience being a primary contact person for QA related matters is a big plus;
- Experience in testing responsive websites is a plus.
Good to have:
- Experience working with Cypress automation tool;
- Computer science degree or similar.
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working, and unique international travel opportunities.