Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of eyeglass lenses and ophthalmologic instruments. The business group develops and produces offerings for the entire eyeglass value chain that is distributed globally.
We are working on a web solution that delivers an innovative telemedicine system that enables the stores without optical doctor services to provide remote refraction exams to their customers.
You’ll join a distributed team, building an innovative solution that integrates with optical medical devices for one of the leaders in the industry. You will have a chance to be responsible for the architecture decisions and will help shape the final product vision – and corresponding technical solutions – in close collaboration with the client. Since the product is being built entirely at Star, you’ll get to establish the delivery process together with the team with a focus on continuous delivery.
- Experience architecting solutions and leading a team
- 5+ years of experience as Full Stack Engineer (Node.js: express; Front-end: React, Redux, rxjs; DB:PSQL, Redis)
- Experience developing responsive web apps
- Experience in writing semantic HTML5, CSS3, and CSS preprocessors like Sass and Less
- Understanding of app/browser performance improvement techniques and potential cross-browser issues
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Understanding of microservices approaches and practices
- Strong spoken and written English
Nice to have:
- Experience with Azure Cloud Services
- Experience with medical products and good knowledge of cybersecurity and sensitive information processing approaches, related regulatory requirements and standards
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create alternative solutions to moderately complex problems
- Development of the new functionality to support web application
- Participation in the architecture sessions, deciding on solutions together with the client
- Team management
- Implementation of the unit tests
- Conduction of the code reviews
- Use of own judgment to determine the optimal solution to recommend
- Performance of primary upward interaction with direct supervisor or teams’ leads. Generally interacts with peers and/or management levels
- Determination of the methods and procedures on new assignments with minimal guidance
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
Compensations and Beneftits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.