At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer, who has the experience and capabilities to design connected product experiences that push the limits of innovation and put the user in focus. Somebody who can create simple, yet highly engaging, experiences tailored to address business objectives as well as user needs.
Based in our Kyiv design studio, you will join a big professional team of designers that work across physical and digital product domains. Your global team of colleagues includes strategists, fellow industrial and UX designers, software and hardware technologists — together you will be tasked with creating industry-defining products.
Core skills and experience
- Understand, apply, and promote our design-thinking process;
- Run user experience research activities to assess user needs, define the target audience, usage scenarios, and learn the context of use;
- Compile user study reports with an introduction, an executive summary, study findings, and future steps;
- Understand the client’s business model and placement of the created product within it;
- Evaluate the existing solution (or idea) for usefulness, effectiveness, and error-proofness;
- Generate solutions to business needs, and communicate the pros and cons for each;
- Benchmark ideas against industry best practices in a given context;
- Choose appropriate tools to create and present design solutions;
- Introduce the target audience to the development team, help to imagine the scenario of the product used by the audience, as well as what special needs or expectations can arise that differentiate from how developers would use it;
- Create IA, user flows;
- Understand the UX philosophy for the most popular platforms (web, mobile, smart devices UIs, etc.);
- Know how to enhance the user experience with and without access to end-users;
- Understand how the design solution influences the overall application consistency;
- Passion for pixel-perfect interface design with approximately five years of experience in the field.
- Plan your own tasks considering collaboration with the team;
- Search for additional info and feedback within the project team;
- Support written and verbal communication in order to plan further work, explain and document ideas, and secure feedback;
- Present work results in a form of structured documents and according to agreed deliverables;
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, as well as an ability and desire to learn;
- Advanced spoken and written English for one on one communication with clients.
- Plan deliverables and budgets for new projects;
- Facilitate output-orientated workshops with clients and team members;
- Tailor design processes by applying the right methodologies at the right time;
- Proactively handle ambiguity, stay open-minded, willing to learn, and ready to improvise;
- Control project timelines and manage expectations with the client;
- Apply wide-ranging design methods from research and ideation to hands-on design implementation;
- Use digital design and prototyping tools such as Adobe CS, Sketch, Principle or InVision;
- Communicate professionally in the spoken and written word;
- Be comfortable in a team-based environment locally and globally.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.