At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our Polish studio is looking for a Senior UX Designer who will craft exceptional user experience & lead design efforts through all stages of product development.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer, but we’re open to hiring individuals from different design paths and seniorities. You might be a great fit if you previously had a title of Senior UX Designer, UX Design Lead, Senior Product Designer, Senior UX/UI Designer, Senior UI Designer, Senior Interaction Designer, Design Consultant, Design Strategist, Systems Designer, Service Designer, or similar. We’re open to hiring for a remote setup. What matters to us is the team fit & expert level of experience in your chosen design area.
We’re a tight-knit group of Wrocław-based designers collaborating remotely with the other 60+ Star designers from Europe, North America, and Asia. We are involved in digital products’ creation on all stages – from research and strategy through prototyping and testing to visual and motion design. We treat our customers and users as knowledgeable partners, so get ready for plenty of workshops and user sessions. We do spend a lot of time in Figma. Still, We often experiment with different design tools and technologies that match our current project needs (Principle, AfterEffects, Arduino, or Spark AR – to name a few examples). We work for recognizable global brands (like Panasonic, ZEISS, Lufthansa, Honda).
As a Senior UX Designer at Star you will:
- Create simple yet highly engaging experiences that balance desirability, viability, and feasibility;
- Have the autonomy to choose UX approach/ tools/methods that fit your strengths, and support to learn from other senior designers;
- Play a key role in the full project lifecycle, from collaborating with our sales team to craft solution proposals and win engagements, to collaborating on experience strategy, to leading the design project team and collaborating with our technical/product/project management teams;
- Collaborate in multinational teams with colleagues from other Star locations;
- Start your workday with a team chat & a daily dose of inspiration;
- Communicate with clients & stakeholders;
- Facilitate and/or participate in engaging co-creative workshops (virtually or in-person) with clients and team members to build consensus and enable next steps;
- Conduct user research (remotely and in the field) to identify key insights and concrete opportunity spaces to inspire innovative concepts and human-centered solutions;
- Create robust interface concepts that are intuitive and delightful in use while taking usage context, accessibility, UI conventions, and technology into account;
- Compose iterative design prototypes on various fidelity levels to validate hypotheses with end-users;
- Create experiences that make you, our team & our clients shine. Simply create products you can be proud of;
- Join a company with UX maturity – with freedom to explore boundaries of what good design is.
Qualifications & Experience:
- You have 5+ years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams, both client-side and agency-side;
- You are familiar with a toolbox of Human-Centered Design, User Experience Design & Service Design methods;
- You have successfully launched a product—you know what it takes to build something;
- Collaborating with the internal team, co-creating with the client team, shepherding, vetting, and aligning client stakeholders and vendor partner team;
- You have experience developing Information Architecture from utilitarian/systematic design to experiential/conceptual products;
- You are comfortable facilitating and leading workshops and interviews with clients and users;
- You are comfortable presenting all aspects of a project in front of the internal team and clients;
- You think beyond the boundaries of current UX/UI conventions; keyboard, mouse, and the touch screen, and think in terms of gesture UI, VR/AR, and invisible UX/UI;
- You are fully proficient at using Figma;
- You have excellent spoken and written English;
- You’re able to conceptualize complex systems;
- You are flexible and open-minded and have the ability and desire to learn and push design methodologies.
It’s nice if you:
- Have extensive experience in Healthcare, Automotive or FinTech industry;
- Have a joined UX/UI profile;
- Have experience in international agencies.
We recommend your portfolio to include:
- From 3 to 5 projects (with dates);
- UX deliverables in different fidelity (low/high). e.g. workshop boards, empathy maps, journeys, wireframes etc.;
- At least 1 high fidelity wireframe;
- Description of your role and responsibilities in the projects.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.