We are looking for a Senior Designer to play a key role as one of our early San Francisco studio team members. You will be reporting directly to our Design Director studio head and have the opportunity to work closely with him on incubating a design studio within an established consultancy and design practice. It’s an opportunity to help shape a studio from the ground up.
We’re looking for someone who can create simple yet highly engaging experiences that balance desirability, viability, and feasibility. You will play a key role in the full project lifecycle, from collaborating with our sales team to craft solution proposals and win engagements, to collaborating on experience strategy, to leading the design project team and collaborating with our technical/product/project management teams.
Qualifications & Experience:
- You have 4-6 years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams, both client-side and agency-side.
- You have a full toolbox of Human-Centered Design, User Experience Design & Service Design methods.
- You are comfortable facilitating and leading workshops and interviews with clients and users.
- You have successfully launched a product—you know what it takes to build something; collaborating with the internal team, co-creating with the client team, shepherding, vetting, and aligning client stakeholders and vendor partner team.
- You are comfortable presenting all aspects of a project in front of the internal team and clients.
- You are passionate and proficient at pixel-perfect interface design.
- You think beyond the boundaries of current UX/UI conventions; keyboard, mouse, and the touch screen, and think in terms of gesture UI, VR/AR, and invisible UX/UI.
- You have the ability to develop storyboards, wireframes, and user interfaces from conceptual to the final graphical UI.
- You are passionate and proficient at storytelling, conceptualizing ideas and producing prototypes using a variety of tools, methods, and fidelities.
- You have experience developing Information Architecture from utilitarian/systematic design to experiential/conceptual products.
- You are fully proficient at using Figma, Adobe CS, Sketch, and prototyping tools like Framer and Webflow.
- You are flexible and open-minded and have the ability and desire to learn and push design methodologies.
- You have excellent spoken and written English.
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working, and unique international travel opportunities.