At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for a Senior Designer to play a key role as one of our early San Francisco studio team members. You will be reporting directly to our Design Director studio head and have the opportunity to work closely with him on incubating a design studio within an established consultancy and design practice. It’s an opportunity to help shape a studio from the ground up.
We’re looking for someone who can create simple yet highly engaging experiences that balance desirability, viability, and feasibility. You will play a key role in the full project lifecycle, from collaborating with our sales team to craft solution proposals and win engagements, to collaborating on experience strategy, to leading the design project team and collaborating with our technical/product/project management teams.
Qualifications & Experience:
- You have 4-6 years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams, both client-side and agency-side.
- You have a full toolbox of Human-Centered Design, User Experience Design & Service Design methods.
- You are comfortable facilitating and leading workshops and interviews with clients and users.
- You have successfully launched a product—you know what it takes to build something; collaborating with the internal team, co-creating with the client team, shepherding, vetting, and aligning client stakeholders and vendor partner team.
- You are comfortable presenting all aspects of a project in front of the internal team and clients.
- You are passionate and proficient at pixel-perfect interface design.
- You think beyond the boundaries of current UX/UI conventions; keyboard, mouse, and the touch screen, and think in terms of gesture UI, VR/AR, and invisible UX/UI.
- You have the ability to develop storyboards, wireframes, and user interfaces from conceptual to the final graphical UI.
- You are passionate and proficient at storytelling, conceptualizing ideas and producing prototypes using a variety of tools, methods, and fidelities.
- You have experience developing Information Architecture from utilitarian/systematic design to experiential/conceptual products.
- You are fully proficient at using Figma, Adobe CS, Sketch, and prototyping tools like Framer and Webflow.
- You are flexible and open-minded and have the ability and desire to learn and push design methodologies.
- You have excellent spoken and written English.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.