At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer (any gender) who can design simple, yet engaging FinTech product experiences. These designs should push the limits of innovation and put the user in focus. Your global team of colleagues include digital product technologists and industry experts. Together, you will have the opportunity to create industry-defining products.
Candidates should be comfortable with identifying and pursuing new project opportunities. If hired, you will be responsible for writing/presenting concepts and strengthening relationships with stakeholders. This position requires heavy cross functional collaboration, high creativity, and comfort with ambiguity.
As a Senior UX Designer at Star, you...
- Are comfortable with the ambiguity and complexity of any given challenge;
- Communicate professionally and effectively in English;
- Facilitate engaging co-creative workshops (online or in-person) with clients and team members to build consensus and enable next steps;
- Create FinTech product concepts (with Figma and Adobe CC) that are intuitive and easy to use;
- Take into account usage context, accessibility, UI conventions and technology during all levels of the design process;
- Compose iterative design prototypes on various fidelity levels to validate hypotheses with end users through qualitative research;
- Collaborate proactively with agile software development teams: in larger commercial projects you will provide scalable UI specifications for engineering teams. You will also assist during the implementation and lead a team of 2-3 designers;
- Support proposal development and pitch presentations utilizing your design and FinTech expertise.
- Experience working on complex financial softwares. Including, but not limited to: digital solutions for retail banking, direct trading, InsurTech, omnichannel payment systems, digital loans or investments/insurance management;
- 5-7 years of professional experience in UX or product design;
- 5-7 years working in cross-disciplinary teams and guiding small teams of junior members;
- An intrinsic motivation to challenge the status-quo;
- The ability to think analytically and cross-pollinate ideas to novel solutions;
- Empathy for the people you work with and the people you design for;
- The ability to easily switch contexts and work on several projects at the same time;
- The ability to work collaboratively with distributed teams.
- Hands-on experience in conducting user research (remotely and in the field) to identify key insights and concrete opportunities, which inspire innovative concepts and human-centered solutions;
- Experience working within agile software development teams.
We value a variety of experts in our global teams at Star. You don’t need to check every box on this list to apply.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.