At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We’re looking for a UX Designer (all genders) who can demonstrably design simple, yet highly engaging connected product experiences that push the limits of innovation and put the user in focus. Based in our Munich or Frankfurt design studio, you will join the organically growing team of designers who work across physical, digital and spatial product domains. Your global team of colleagues includes software and hardware technologists — together you will have the opportunity to create industry-defining products.
As a Senior UX Designer at Star, you...
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and complexity of a given challenge;
- Collaborate proactively to a joint effort as an integral part of a cross-functional team;
- Communicate professionally and effectively in English (and nice-to-have: in German too);
- Facilitate engaging co-creative workshops (virtually or in-person) with clients and team members to build consensus and enable next steps;
- Tailor design processes by applying the right methodologies at the right time;
- Plan and manage project budgets and deadlines on time and on target;
- Lead design projects from end to end, overseeing team efforts to ensure projects are delivered to clients’ expectations;
- Conduct user research (remotely and in the field) to identify key insights and concrete opportunity spaces to inspire innovative concepts and human-centered solutions;
- Compose relevant user stories and derive effective user flows;
- Visualize use case scenarios that engage and inspire clients and potential users;
- Create robust interface concepts that are intuitive and delightful in use, while taking usage context, accessibility, UI conventions, and technology into account;
- Compose iterative design prototypes on various fidelity levels to validate hypotheses with end-users through formative and summative assessment;
- Provide scalable UI specifications for engineering teams and assist during the implementation;
- Master state-of-the-art UX design tools such as Figma and Adobe CC;
- Share your knowledge of design methods, tools, and trends with the rest of the team.
- An academic background (bachelor or master degree) in the field of Service Design, Interaction Design, Design Thinking, UX Design, or another relevant program;
- A minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams;
- An intrinsic motivation to challenge the status-quo;
- The ability to think analytically and cross-pollinate ideas to novel solutions;
- A passion for human-centered design as a means to problem-solving;
- A profound understanding of the possibilities provided by digital technology;
- Empathy for the people you work with and the people you design for;
- The ability to express a positive and optimistic spirit (because above all we need your smile and personality).
- Experience working in some of our key business and technology domains: Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, Industry & Manufacturing, FinTech or Consumer Electronics;
- Ability to mock-up or prototype experiences in VR/AR;
- Experience working within agile software development teams.
- Competitive salary with regular compensation reviews;
- Continuous mentorship with your design lead;
- State of the art hardware and software;
- Free drinks and barista-level coffee in the office;
- Home office policy;
- Social activities and team events even in WFH times (virtual game nights, remote holiday parties) and many more to come again in the post COVID era (mountain offsite, Oktoberfest, team breakfasts).
Are you interested?
We would be thrilled to hear from you.
Just before you hit the apply button, we’d like to give you a few helpful hints about our application process.
- We’d like to get a first impression of who you are as well as your work, as described in your portfolio and your CV, LinkedIn profile or similar;
- We won’t need a lengthy cover letter, but would be keen on knowing why you would like to work at Star;
- Please apply in English, as that is our main language at Star.
We usually pursue the following format for interviews, currently held remotely:
- 30min video/telephone introductory call;
- 1hr interview with 2 people from Star Germany;
- 1hr interview with 2 directors/lead designers.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!