We are looking for you!
We’re looking for a Senior VUI/ Conversational Designer (all genders) to join our team in Germany (Munich or Frankfurt). The candidate has extensive experience designing simple and highly engaging voice interactions that push the limits of innovation and put the user in focus. Based in our Munich/Frankfurt design studio, you will join the organically growing team of designers who work across physical, digital, and spatial product domains. Your global team of colleagues includes software and hardware technologists — together, you will have the opportunity to create industry-defining products and experiences.
Skills and experience you can bring to this role!
Qualifications & experience:
- Comfortable with ambiguity and complexity of a given challenge;
- Collaborate proactively in joint efforts as an integral part of a cross-functional team;
- Envision and bring to life simple, comprehensive and highly engaging conversational multi-modal voice experiences
- Communicate professionally and effectively in English and German, and have a strong understanding of both languages;
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal;
- Willing and able to champion best practices in customer experience and conversational design – both internally and externally;
- Design and implementation of the conversation design of voice and chatbots based on the requirements of the customers;
- Scope and manage projects while maintaining and expanding client relationships;
- Manage project budgets and deadlines to stay on time and on target;
- Contribute to sales processes and client networking;
- Support execution and documentation of tests based on customer requirements up to user research, studies and usability testing;
- Help to compose relevant user stories and derive effective voice flows that engage and inspire clients and potential users;
- Design comprehensive and conversational voice experiences for different touchpoints and continuously improve conversation flows based on user data;
- Create voice interaction concepts that are intuitive and delightful in use while taking usage context, accessibility, VUI conventions and technology into account;
- Familiar with the concepts and methods of conversation AI such as speech recognition and NLU and virtual agents, and you have already implemented other chatbot or voice bot solutions;
- Support and advice on the strategic development of the product;
- You develop and test prototypes using conversational design best practices and our own frameworks and continuously develop them further;
- Share your knowledge of design methods, tools and trends with the rest of the team.
- The ability to mock up or prototype voice experiences;
- Experience working within agile software development teams;
- Design-thinking facilitation skills (generating insights, contributing to strategy workshops, etc.);
- Additional skills in specific design disciplines, such as copywriting, UX, business design, etc.
What impact you’ll make
- Enrolled in or recently completed an education in the field of interaction design, UX design, computational linguistics degree or comparable professional experience;
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams;
- A strong interest in working on projects in one of our core industries, such as automotive, healthcare and fintech;
- An intrinsic motivation to challenge the status quo;
- Good spoken and written English and German;
- Flexibility, open-mindedness and the desire to learn;
- The ability to be a proactive, solution-oriented and motivated team player;
- The ability to think analytically and cross-pollinate ideas to novel solutions;
- A passion for human-centered design as a means to problem-solving;
- A profound understanding of the possibilities provided by digital technology;
- Empathy for the people you work with and the people you design for;
- The ability to express a positive and optimistic spirit because, above all, we need your smile and personality.
What you’ll get
Regardless of your position or role, we have in place a wide array of benefits including flexible working (hybrid/remote models) and generous time off policies to make it easier for all people to thrive and succeed at Star. On top of that, we offer an extensive rewarding and compensation package, intellectually and creatively stimulating space and some more.
Your holistic wellbeing is central at Star. You'll join a warm and vibrant multinational environment filled with impactful projects, career development opportunities, mentorship and training programs, fun sports activities, workshops, networking and outdoor meet-ups.