This is a unique role that would let you experience all aspects of the consultancy business. You will communicate with potential clients directly and get to know how their business works as well as get insights into the challenges they face, and apply your tech skills to building software solutions in close cooperation with our commercial teams.
You’ll have an amazing opportunity to receive a diverse experience by working as a Cloud & IoT subject matter expert with our globally distributed metro teams, delivery organization, and Star’s clients.
- 7+ years of IT experience mainly in the area of Solution Architecture with a focus on emerging Cloud & IoT technologies;
- Experience with delivering projects for Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech or IoT;
- Extensive experience in cloud technologies, ideally Azure and/or AWS;
- Proficiency in software development using languages such as Java, Python, Node.js, or Go;
- Ability to define high-level software and system architectures for Cloud & IoT solutions;
- 2+ years experience participating in the presales process including proposal preparation, architecture documents creation and estimates;
- Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills;
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason as well as having a creative and strategic thought process;
- Excellent communication skills in English and German;
- The ability to lead business and technology discussions directly with Star’s commercial teams as well as with clients and prospective clients.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of data science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning;
- Experience with big data design and implementation – ingestion, hubs, lakes, factories, streams;
- Experience in working with distributed, international development teams;
- Understanding of DevOps and infrastructure challenges;
- Experience with participating in & leading R&D activities.
- Participation in prospective client meetings as a subject matter expert on Cloud & IoT solutions, presenting Star’s technology offering;
- Take part in client and prospective client workshops, investigate client requests and problems and analyze options and propose solutions;
- Active contribution to technology research and proposal preparation during presales;
- Contribution to the evolution of Star’s Cloud & IoT offering;
- Architecture definition and hands-on contribution in the early stages of software development projects;
- Playing an active role in developing internal R&D initiatives;
- Being an active member of one of Star’s industry practices: Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, or FinTech.
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation.
We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech and others. Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO and Lufthansa.
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.