Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
This is a unique role that would let you experience all the aspects of the consultancy business. You will communicate with potential clients directly and get to know how their business works, get insights into the challenges they face and apply your tech skills to building software solutions in close cooperation with our commercial teams.
You’ll have an amazing opportunity to receive a diverse experience by working as an HMI subject matter expert with our Automotive & Mobility industry team, our globally distributed metro teams, delivery organization, and Star’s clients.
You will also have the opportunity to shape the company’s capabilities development strategy and execute on it as the Team Leader and later, Technology Director.
- 7+ years of IT experience mainly in the area of Solution Architecture with a focus on emerging HMI technologies;
- Experience in delivering HMI projects for Automotive clients (OEMs, Tier 1/2s);
- Experience working with Linux, QNX, and/or Android;
- 5+ years experience working with C/C++ and Embedded systems development;
- Experience developing user interfaces with HMI UI toolkits (QT/QML, Kanzi UI, Altia or others);
- An ability to define high-level software and system architectures for HMI solutions;
- 2+ years experience participating in the presales process including proposals preparation, architecture documents creation, estimates;
- Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills;
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic thought process;
- Excellent communication skills in English. The ability to lead business and technology discussions directly with Star’s commercial teams as well as with clients and prospective clients.
- Exposure to latest HMI technologies architectures;
- Proven track record of delivering production-ready HMIs;
- Working knowledge of Display/Graphics sharing with VMs over a Hypervisor setup;
- Experience in working with distributed, international development teams;
- Experience participating in & leading R&D activities.
- Participation in prospective client meetings as a subject matter expert on Star’s HMI solutions for Automotive, presenting Star’s technology offering;
- Take part in client and prospective client workshops. Investigate client requests and problems. Analyze options and propose solutions;
- Active contribution to technology research and proposals preparation during presales;
- Contribution to the evolution of Star’s HMI offering for the Automotive & Mobility industry;
- Architecture definition and hands-on contribution on the early stages of software development projects;
- Playing an active role in developing internal R&D initiatives.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment, flexible working hours, and unique international travel opportunities.